Many times, when developers build homes, they focus on all of the usefulness, spaciousness, and beauty of the indoors, but they neglect some details of the outdoors, including driveways and front walkways.
But your front entry walkway is the perfect place to merge function and design that boosts your front landscape aesthetics and amplifies your curb appeal.
In fact, the right design can draw visitors in, guiding them to your front door, and enhancing the journey along the way.
Let’s look at the many benefits of adding a front entry walkway to give you some ideas on how you can transform your home’s street-facing side.
3 Reasons to Install a Walkway
Your elegant, custom-built estate rises tall from the street in all its grandeur.
The image is stunning. But then you see that tiny concrete walkway from the driveway to the front door that has no character and just seems thrown into the picture.
The look can bring that whole curb appeal down a notch. Front entry walkways with some style in Naperville, IL can change that.
1. Boost Curb Appeal
Your front entry walkway is how you treat your guests when they come to your home.
Unfortunately, so many times builders will throw in a 24-inch-by-30-inch narrow, angled sidewalk that does nothing for the homeowner or the home.
Installing a new walkway can change all of that. Variations in materials that complement and coordinate with the home can enhance its features and draw visitors in. Clay pavers, for instance, can add character, accentuating the brick or stone in your home. A unique design or pattern can also bring special appeal.
2. Enhance Convenience
When you choose to install a new front entry walkway, you can also opt for a wider design, which gives you space to incorporate some other elegant visuals.
- Containers can bring plant material to this hardscape space, softening the hard edges and gracefully coordinating with the seasons.
- Benches can provide places for you to wait for your guests or for your visitors to sit and visit with you or take off their shoes. You and your neighbors can also sit there and watch your children play in the front yard.
- A small set of chairs can be delightful for sipping morning coffee while waiting with your children to catch their bus or enjoying lemonade with a friend on a summer afternoon.
- If your front yard has elevation changes, adding steps to your walkway or retaining walls can add overall grandness to your walkway design and fix your sloping issues.
- Front pillars to mark the start of the walkway can add a special touch, as well as additional security.
- Adding lighting to your walkway can increase safety, deter burglars, and make it easier for guests to come and go in a well-lit space without tripping and falling.
All of these elements amplify the usability and convenience of your front space.
3. Up Your Home’s Resale Value
The investment in a front entry walkway in Elmhurst, IL can range in cost based on the material and design you choose. You can spend anywhere from $4,500 to more than $10,000 or even $15,000 to $45,000 for a longer, winding path made of natural stone.
But this can immediately add resale value to your home because you’ve elevated its frontage, as well as added functional spaces for recreation, enjoyment, and purpose to the yard. Setting a scene here can help potential buyers envision themselves and their families in the yard.
Front Entry Walkways Take Your Home to a New Level of Luxury
For your Naperville, IL home to truly stand out from the others on the neighborhood block, you want to find a unique solution -- and a front entry walkway can certainly do the trick.
As you take a look at your home’s frontage, you might be staring at your boring concrete path, having a hard time envisioning something else or how you can transform it into something that’s easier to use that matches your home in a better way.
We get that. It can be challenging to see what all of your possibilities are. Let KD Landscape help. We’d be happy to show you some ideas on how you can enhance your home with a front entry path. We can show you specific materials so you can get a better sense of how they compare to the concrete you have now.
A plain front yard is just that -- plain. Take yours up a notch with a front walkway that elevates the whole look of your home.
Ready to see how KD Landscape can transform your suburban Chicago front yard into a space that makes your home shine? We’d love to share our design and installation expertise with you. Get started today with a free consultation. Together, we can prepare a plan that works best for you.